Resources for this class – books, tutorials, websites.
Future of News
- EugeneRichards.com – The web site of an exceptional photojournalist – note how he’s also been able to cross over into commercial work to support the editorial.
- FLYP Media (more than just a magazine)
- Interactive Narratives – A compendium of notable multimedia pieces on a site managed by the Online News Association.
- JennAckerman.com – A young student photojournalist working in multimedia and producing great stuff – if she can do it so can you.
- LaurenGreenfield.com – A young woman doing really relevant work using multimedia.
- MediaStorm.org – Multimedia production and web documentary from Brian Storm, former MSNBC Director of Multimedia
- Unembedded.net – An independent view of the Iraq war from four different photojournalists
- The America Society of Media Photographers has publicly accessible teaching modules and tutorials, particularly on business and technology issues.
- dPreview.com – Great resource for digital photography
- GettyImages.com and iStockPhoto.com – Established and upstart online agencies
- MagnumPhotos.com – The granddaddy of all picture agencies – these folks are famous and deserve to be. A great place to see great work.
- Updig.org – The place to learn about industry standards for digital imaging. Go here to get the big picture on how to deliver.