Subtitle: Create Compelling (and ethical) Digital Images
Photojournalism: Composition, rule of thirds, basic photojournalim ethics.
- More On Audio
- Begin Discussion About Visuals (Photos)
- Updated gradesheet
- Twitter Summary
* Let’s not just copy&paste bios anymore; the #FF info should tell us why we want to follow them based on your recommendation.
* Josh – what is your handle?
* This week’s #FF was supposed to be photographers/radio-audio — anything else not credited
- Audio Summary (those who did not do this lab are behind)
- TypeWithMe documents : Twitter FF photographers, Twitter FF audio/radio
More On Audio
Editing Unwanted Sound:
- How To Adjust Sound On A Track (Audacity Envelope Tool)
- How To Adjust Sound Of A Recorded Interview Using Audacity
- How to Delete Annoying Sound Using Audacity
In pairs, your audio story for this week – problems, brainstorming
- No Music!
- Clearly identify interviewee
- This week’s audio story: details on audio assignment page
Discussion : Photos In A Digital Age
Last week’s assignment: read and come to class prepared to discuss:
- No Picture Tells The Truth – The Best Do Better Than That (NYT)
- Iraq War Photo manipulation (LA Times)
- Ethics In The Age of Digital Photography
- File size – quality trade-off (save at 72 dpi)
- Rule of Thirds
- Demo Photoshop basics (crop – resize)
Tuesday (tomorrow) : start your 10-day photo-a-day project
- Audacity Keyboard Shortcuts
- Audacity Tips and Tutorials
- All About Sound (BBC)
- Audacity Tutorials on Audacity Wiki
- Tuesday (tomorrow) : start your 10-day photo-a-day project
- By Wednesday at noon, a blog post with three examples of excellent news photos (singular) from three different online news sites (NOT Boston.com Big Picture) and at least one example of not-so-good one. (Stills, not slideshows. One step at a time!)
- By Wednesday at noon, blog post about audio assignment. See details on audio assignment page.
- Reading for Wednesday: Journalism 2.0 (Chapters 7 & 8)
- Enable web publishing on UW account (have completed by Wednesday or come to class with your problems identified)
- Set up accounts at SoundCloud (need to be set up by Wednesday’s class)