Subtitle: Getting Past The Doom And Gloom
Who are we and why are we in this class? What is journalism? How do we characterize journalism today?
- Syllabus discussion
- State of journalism in 2011
TED Talks : Alisa Miller shares the news about TV news in the US (2008)
TED Talks : Why the world needs wikileaks? (2010)
- Take Catalyst “pre-class” skills assessment survey
- For the six folks who have not completed the “getting to know you” survey, please do so
- Create WordPress blogs. Paste the URL of your blog on this TypeWith.me document
- In your first post (before leaving the lab), answer this question: “What are your expectations for this course?”
Before Class Wednesday
Read these essays and then write a response; post it to your blog no later than 8 am Wednesday.
- What’s Really Wrong With Newspapers (Jan 2008)
- “No More Free Content” (Mar 2009) and its Followup (Mar 2009)
- Newspaper Economics: online and offline (Mar 2010)
- What Does The Future Hold For Newspapers (Mar 2010)