- What Makes A Good Video Story
- Inserting Titles in Windows MovieMaker
- Inserting Stills in Windows MovieMaker
- Create Your YouTube Account
What Makes A Good Video Story?
- From Angela Grant:
* Lots of movement and action
* Something people want to see (aka human interest)
* Example from Spokesman Review (get kleenex ready)
- Op-Ed Video: Aaron, Brianna, Fereshta (!), Gwen, Janelle, Katie, Keala (“organic”), Krista (wordle!), Liz, Nate (couldn’t find?), Tom, Wilhelmina
- Updates on video stories: see Emma’s photo
MovieMaker Titles & Stills
- Video Assignment
* By 11.30 am 20 May (Thursday): first cut and upload to YouTube; send me an email with the YouTube link.
* By 8 am 26 May (Wednesday): blog post with (a) one to two paragraphs with a succinct summary of the story and explanation your goals; note any reporting challenges and (b) one to two paragraphs explaining how well you met your goals, what you learned doing this project, and what you would do differently if you had a chance to redo this assignment.
* By 8 am 28 May (Friday). You must incorporate feedback from the review in the final version of your story. Upload the final cut to YouTube and link in your blog post; also create a post on this blog and include both the rough and final cuts; categorize “student projects”. There are two YouTube uploads with this assignment.
- Reading Assignment
Monday blog post (8 am): Thinking about sources and ethics, develop five tips for reporting (citizen or “professional”) in the digital age (reading: Gilmor, Ch 9, Trolls, Spin and the Boundaries of Trust – pdf)