- Discuss media consumption, briefly (assignment summary updated)
- More on Twitter
- Group project
- Customizing WordPress, Twitter
- A KSU Class Project: The Machine Is Us/ing Us
- Evan Williams on Twitter (TED Talk)
- Resource: Twitter In Plain English
- Future of News – News 2019 – ?
- Resource collection this week (your two links). How to aggregate? One idea: Zoho Create. See this example. Or, cross-post to blog for the project. Or create a wiki. Other ideas?
- Team roles
- About Me
- Snap Preview – turn off
- RSS link – enable “meta” in widgets
- Journalists on Twitter (wiki)
- Andrew’s list of journos he’s following
- Hash tags – search.twitter.com
- COM466 account (@com466 versus #com466)
- A feed of our tweets
- Find and follow at least 10 news-related accounts by Thursday
- Customize your Twitter account (avatar; bio; link to your course blog or home page; change default design theme, colors)
Before Class Monday:
- Create an account at NewsU(niversity)
- Complete This NewsU Tutorial: Telling Stories With Sound
You will need to send the “course report” to me – kegill [at] u.washington.edu
Complete this by 8 am on Monday
- Blog post with three examples of “good” news site multimedia and three examples of “bad” news site multimedia. Explain your choices. Categorize post as assignment.
- Four more tweets related to class. Remember your hashtags!